The ‘Stee Social District
Walk the 'Stee year-round from 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM!
The ‘Stee Social District is a designated area where anyone ages 21+ can purchase an alcoholic beverage from a participating establishment (listed below) and can carry/consume it outdoors.
Purchase your preferred beverage from one of the participating businesses below!
The ‘Stee Social District Rules
- Drinks must be purchased at a participating provider and be in a designated container.
- Only one drink per designated container they cannot be refilled. You must dispose your container before purchasing another.
- Stay within the Social District boundaries, please reference the map to the right and look for signs. No beverages\containers can leave the area.
- Please watch for signs that welcome you to shop with your beverage.
- Please help keep Downtown Manistee clean and dispose of your cup in a proper trash receptacle!
- NO CANS, GLASS BOTTLES OR OUTSIDE DRINKS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SOCIAL DISTRICT PER STATE AND LOCAL LAW.
PLEASE NOTE: All State of Michigan and the City of Manistee laws apply, including but not limited to those prohibiting public intoxication, impaired driving, open containers, and serving alcohol to minors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is The 'Stee Social District area?
It includes River Street and the Riverwalk downtown business district from Division Street to Pine Street. See map and watch for the teal sidewalk signs.
When is The 'Stee Social District open?
The hours of operation are from 11 am to 10 pm every day!
What types of alcoholic beverages can I purchase to consume in the Social District?
Liquor, wine, and beer are all allowed in the district if purchased at a participating establishment and in a designated container.
Can I walk anywhere with my beverage?
You must stay within the designated district boundaries. Please see the map above or ask a participating establishment. Leaving the Social District area with an alcoholic beverage violates state and local law.
Can I take my beverage into a store if I want to shop?
Select shops in the ‘Stee Social District welcome you to shop with your beverage, but there are a few that ask you to finish your beverage prior to entering. Please watch for the ‘Stee signs on doors and windows, as each business have its own policies.
Can I take my empty designated beverage container in to another participating establishment be refilled?
No. There is only one beverage per container. You cannot enter another restaurant, pub, or venue with a beverage from another establishment.
Can I bring my own alcoholic beverage, pour it into a designated container and walk around the district?
No. The only beverages allowed are ones that are purchased from a participating establishment with the district. NO CANS, GLASS BOTTLES, OR OUTSIDE DRINKS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SOCIAL DISTRICT PER STATE AND LOCAL LAW.
PLEASE ENJOY THE DISTRICT RESPONSIBLY
All State of Michigan and City of Manistee laws apply, including but not limited to those prohibiting public intoxication, impaired driving, open containers and serving alcohol to minors.